Financial Compliance Manager, Accounting Department
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC), a 501©4 trade association, seeks a Financial Compliance Manager to ensure compliance with Federal funded contract, grants and cooperative agreements.
The Financial Compliance Manager is responsible for coordinating financial and administrative support duties for the NARUC’s International Department to ensure compliance with Federal funded grants and cooperative agreements. This position is housed within the Accounting Department, but works closely with staff from the International Department.
This is a 12-month position, with the possibility for extension. The term of employment is grant funded and is conditioned upon continued Federal funding and successful fulfillment of duties.
Reports to the Director of Financial Grants Administration. Works closely with the Director and Deputy Director of International Programs.
Required Abilities and Key Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, including Super Circular and A-133 audit requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze complex financial reports.
- Detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to monitor and enforce compliance rules.
- Proficiency in Deltek or similar accounting program.
- Ability to independently plan, organize and follow through on assignments.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, be flexible and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to serve as a leader and also work as part of a team.
- Strong sense of professionalism and ethics.
Education and Experience
B.A. or B.S. is required. This position requires 4-5 years professional experience at a grant funded non-profit. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Compliance Manager:
- Supervises the Accounting Coordinator.
- With regards to international projects, ensures that appropriate standards, practices, internal controls and grants compliance are met.
- Reviews and approves all International department financial transactions-expense reports, corporate credit card statement reconciliations in Deltek, staff expense reports in Deltek, payments or reimbursements via check request, wire transfer or Western Union, etc. Ensures compliance with USAID, State Department and other Federal funding Agencies and, ensures the timely submission of the above referenced documents to the Accounting department.
- Provides pre approval for vendor contracts (hotel, interpretation, translation, ground transportation, A/V, etc).
- Assist in developing and maintaining templates/formats and other guidance related to expense reporting based on grant requirements, for use by NARUC International Department staff.
- Prepares, reviews, and tracks payments associated with consulting agreements and contracts.
- Trains new and existing staff on how to process expense reports and use Deltek. Conducts regular meetings when expense reporting improvements are necessary.
- Develops and/or updates various guidelines related to expense reports, travel policies, etc.
- Monitors and tracks tax reporting for J-1 visa holders under NARUC programs. Coordinates with program staff to ensure proper and timely completion of documents and submission to USAID, tax attorneys, etc.
- As needed, reviews budgets prior to their submission to the funding agency.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts compliance training as needed.
- Keeps up to date with federal and USAID regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The organization offers a generous benefits package.
Instructions to Apply
Must be US citizen or have US work permit. Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to Ms. Aida Timm (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Financial Grants Administration, NARUC, www.naruc.org/international. No telephone calls. EOE.